Election Day 2012

November 06, 2012

I don't know about all of you but I for one am glad this election is coming to an end.  I'm tired of all the negativity and ridiculous amounts of money being spent campaigning, not just for the presidential election but every election.  I can think of a million better ways to spend that money.  Like cancer research, St. Jude Children's Hospital, animal rescue, education, and the list can go on.  I have my reasons for my political view but I don't go around shoving it in other people's face or dare say they're unintelligent, racist, or anything else like that because they are choosing to vote one way or the other.  That's the point of America isn't it? Freedom of speech, the right to have an opinion, voice it, and vote on it are what this country was founded on.  I do however, think it's very irresponsible to vote for someone or a party because of political ads, celebrity opinions, friends opinions, or because of what your parents believe.  YOU, as the American public, need to become informed, do your research and choose a candidate based on facts, not popularity.  This race shouldn't even really be about the candidates but beliefs.  And if you have good reason for the decision you make then that's exactly the decision you should make.  I also believe that you can't make moral beliefs into law.  I do not believe in gay marriage, or abortion.  I also don't believe in murdering people, stealing, lying, or polygamy, but people still do it.  Drinking was made illegal by a constitutional amendment and what happened?  Speakeasies and moonshine.  You can't keep people from doing what they want with laws.  People who are gay wont stop being gay because they can't legally marry and women wont stop having abortions, they'll go out of the country, doctor's preforming them illegally, or, heaven forbid, allow back alley, unsanitary, quacks to preform them out of desperation.  I believe in the Bible, I add nor take away anything from it.  There's separation of church and state for a reason, our Founding Fathers had good reason to make it that way.  I absolutely believe they would be ashamed of what politics have turned in to and are probably rolling in their grave.  With me off my soapbox, get out and vote people!  I don't care who you vote for, I just ask that you have legitimate reasons for it and that you go and do it!  Exercise your right as an American, the right that our ancestors fought and died for, the core of the American way and dream, freedom!  We are so lucky to be a part of the greatest nation where we can live and worship the way we want answering only to God in the end.  Be proud to get that I Voted sticker and wear it today!


I hope everyone got one of these today!



My voting attire, red white and blue!

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Great post girl!!! You have voiced out... well worded out exactly what i believe! People should really research who they vote for so that they don't make any wrong decions!

    ReplyDelete

Like us on Facebook