The Windy City

October 15, 2013

It was my first time in the great city of Chicago, Jason ran the Chicago Marathon (finished in 4:08, a bit over what he wanted but when your legs cramp for the last ELEVEN miles, that's super impressive! And turns out he was 14,131 out of 38,884, that's top 37%! I'm so proud of him!) and we were up for the weekend. We stayed right across from Grant Park, on Michigan Avenue, where the race starts and finishes, and it's beautiful! I can't wait to come back again! Maybe to run in the race myself! (Yeah right.) 

Some of my fav city photos! 





Our hotel!

Grant Park 





And of course we couldn't come to Chicago without getting some real Chicago-Style Pizza. And it was DE-LISH-OUS. 









You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Chicago is definitely one of my favorite cities! My mom is from there, so she always knows the best places to go! Congrats to Jason on the marathon, that is definitely not something that I could do!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had wonderful weather for the weekend especially for running. There have ben years when it was in the 80's and it was so hot they had to cut the race short because people were getting heat illness. Then there have been years where it snowed or was really cold.
    10 yrs ago my sister and brother in law and my sister's bone marrow donor ran in the race. (In 2001 my sister was battling stage 4 cancer).
    Glad you were able to enjoy some of the great aspects of the city.

    ReplyDelete

Like us on Facebook