Winter Wreath

December 13, 2013

My mom has been making wreaths for my door and they're fantastic, obviously, but I decided that I would make a winter wreath myself.  (Got the idea from Pinterest of course). 

The original


Annnnd here we go! 

So I decided on 3 different sized styrofoam balls for my wreath, I ended up with 4 large, 12 medium, and 12 small. (In hindsight I probably should've left out the large, but whatever, it's fine!) 




Choose your yarn! I love the brown, gray, and tan I chose, thicker and a little more organic looking than the white and the white is obvi just typical yarn, any color and type work though!

Then you start wrapping! I wrapped till the balls were mostly covered, if you look closely you can see the styrofoam, but who's going to be looking that close?

Finished!


If only it didn't take me a year to get to this part, but I bought just a regular 'ol vine wreath from Hobby Lobby for $5, it's not what the original used but I liked the look. 


You should probably lay all of the ball out and then start gluing but I glued the 4 large ones on so I could make sure they weren't too close and didn't look silly and then kind of planned out where I was going with the rest, medium balls next and then use the small ones to fill in. I used hot glue, if you do, make sure you lay something under the wreath because it will drip through and I had to glue them the best I could to the wreath and then also to the balls next to them.

Ta-da! A year in the making! 
I added the bow to the space I left at the top. I need to work on my bows some more but I think it turned out alright! Obviously mine didn't turn out exactly like the original, mines a little more...robust. Haha, but I'm pretty proud! 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook