Saturday, May 31, 2014

Golden Mason Jars

Mason Jars are literally everywhere now, but if you're from the South, this isn't a new "fad," it's a way of life.  I don't know about you, but I'm always looking for ways to use/reuse them and sometimes I don't want just a plain old jar. I've done a post on "glittering" mason jars, now I'm showing y'all how to paint them with little effort! 

What you need: 
Mason Jars
Painter's Tape
Spray Paint 

I went for a Rust-oleum spray paint since it's good for painting pretty much anything, and a 1 1/2" painters masking tape. 


I also like that it's a "paint and primer."


Tape the mason jar in whatever design you like, just make sure to cover any parts you don't want sprayed! The bottom of the jar will get paint on it as you spray so make sure you've got something to set the jar on after you've sprayed it to dry. I used an old extra floor tile we had lying around since it didn't matter if paint got on it. 

Follow the directions on the spray can, this paint recommends at least two thin coats of paint. I accidentally sprayed one a little heavy and it globed and ran a little. 


I decided to give this guy a try. Let me tell you, it wasn't easy getting the tape in the shape of a T. Lots and lots of teeny tiny pieces of tape. There are obviously better ways to do this, but I figured I'd give it a shot!


The finished results! 



The vertical stripe is probably my least favorite, but I really love the horizontal stripe, half, and fully painted jars. Don't get me wrong, I feel like my T turned out pretty well considering, it would just look better with, say...navy paint? Umm, be right back, heading to the store for navy paint. How I use my jars coming soon! 

Which is your favorite? What design would you try? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs