Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Graduation (cue sappy 90's song by Vitamin C)

It's finally here! I'm finally graduating college...it's been a very long six years (don't dramatically change majors kids. Unless it's to something that makes you infinitely more happy) but at the same time it's gone incredibly fast. Cliché, I know, but it's true. I'm so blessed to have been able to do what I've done, try new things, fail, change my mind, succeed, and accomplish many things and get through tough situations, all because of God and his love for me, along with the incredible and unwavering love of my friends and amazing family who supported me and didn't say, "I told you so." I now see God's providence in my life looking back, seeing that the decisions I made weren't in fact mistakes, but allowed me to do things and that would have been more difficult or not happened at all had I not taken the course I did. God is an awesome God. 

With graduation soon here (2 days to be exact) I find myself feeling unsure and a little nervous and afraid. I'm moving. Yes, I've technically already moved, my husband, house, and half my clothes are already in Alabama, but I'm literally moving out of my parents house again, just 8 hours away instead of 10 minutes. It's scary. I've never lived away from my family, no more calling mom up and asking what's for supper because I don't feel like cooking, or calling daddy asking what we need to do to fix something. It's scary, but I'll make it. 

I've got my wonderful husband, who I feel like I need to marry again because we've been apart for so long, who is amazing and loves me and misses me, almost as much as I love and miss him. I'm so excited we finally get to be together again and be married. The way it's supposed to be. The majority of the time we've been married he's worked 2nd and 3rd shift, meaning not seeing each other, or lived 8 hours away, really meaning not seeing each other. I'm ready for that normal 9-5 live with my hubby! This last year living apart has been rough and I cannot even describe how excited I am to see his face every day and finally having the other half of me back! 

I cannot wait to see what the future holds, I feel like this last chapter (year) in our lives has been like that chapter in the book where the story seems to drag on going no where, but the next chapter starts the most exciting part of the story. I hope you all stay tuned to see what happens and would really appreciate prayers and encouragement during this scary and exciting time, any tips on moving far, far away from home are welcome as well! :) 

1 comment:

 
site design by designer blogs