Weekend Recap

September 16, 2014

This weekend Jason and I headed up to Talladega, AL for a half-marathon. Obviously Jason was the one running in it ha, and yes, the Talladega of the NASCAR world and Ricky Bobby. Jason didn't choose to run it because we're NASCAR fans (we're not), but it was actually really cool getting pretty much unlimited access to the track, pit road and basically the entire infield. Something I would assume many fans would be super pumped about! 

Talladega is just east of Birmingham, and about 4 hours north of us, so I was hoping for a little cooler weather and the morning of the race (we got to the track at 6, gross), it was cool enough for leggings, a long sleeve tee, AND my herringbone J. Crew vest!! Yay!!!!! I won't post all the boring pictures, but here are the highlights! 

Obviously we took a selfie in the middle of the track, and yeah, we look like 6am. Although I'm not sure why Jason has his glasses on...the sun wasn't even totally up. Gross. 

Cool weather clothes and my Chacos. Well...ya know. 

In case you're like me and didn't know, the entire outside of the track is banked, I thought it was only the ends! And it's STEEP! People were crawling up to the top on the ends of the track it's so steep.

I was definitely glad I wore my Chacos when I was walking up and down the bank, anything but those or tennis shoes would NOT have worked. 


Just so you can kind of get an idea of how steep the bank is, I'm standing on the inner flat part looking straight ahead. Crazy! 



Jason did so awesome, ran the half in 1:37, 32nd overall of over 700! Then you could get your picture takin in Victory Lane! (I think that's what it's called..) 


Then on the way home we stopped at O'Henry's Coffees in Birmingham, names best coffee shop in Alabama by Business Insider! 


 Then we stopped in Montgomery at Baumhower's and had the best fried pickles and their version of a Kentucky Hot Brown, the "Hot Bama" Brown, and it. was. de-lic-ious. 

I hope everyone had as wonderful a weekend as we did! 


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook