Wednesday, October 29, 2014

How to Transition Pastels into Your Fall Wardrobe

A dilemma we all face come cold weather is what to keep in the front of our closet and what to put away till Spring.  Pastels tend to be seen as "warm weather only" colors, but I beg to differ.  Mint is my favorite "real color," and I just couldn't bear putting it away; I had to find a way to incorporate it into my wardrobe year-round!  So I did.  Here are some tips on how to keep your favorite "summer" pastels in your cold-weather wardrobe! 

1.  Make sure the material of your "pastel" is appropriate for cold weather.  Jeans, knits, sweaters, etc.  I would tend to leave the flowey, light pieces till spring, however, there are always exceptions.

2. Pair your pastel with cool weather, rich textures like chunky sweaters, cords, blanket scarves, thick knits, cardigans, etc.  

3. Use "fall patterns" like leopard, plaids, fair isle, and richer colors Iike jewel tones, or warm neutrals like dark grey, cognac, or winter white. 

I paired my favorite mint skinnies with a warm, fair isle sweater and leopard smoking slippers, I could personally wear this all fall!  I also wore them last winter for this post where I paired them with a cable knit and plaid coat! :) 








Sweater & Ring: Old Navy // Jeans: Gap // Shoes: Gianni Bini 



Gracefullee Made

2 comments:

 
site design by designer blogs